Netgear Firmware Update
Netgear router firmware
The firmware of the router acts as an interface between the user and the device. It is only due to this firmware of the router that you can customize, setup and modifies your Netgear router. The firmware in the router is software that is meant to bridge the gap in between the router, PC and the user. The firmware is the sole way of communication between the router and the device.
Updating the router firmware
The Netgear firmware update is a crucial and important part of the smooth and flawless working of the router and the network that it is creating. Netgear releases the updates on its router from time to time so it is strongly recommended that you should regularly check out the updates being released on the support portal of Netgear.
You can easily update the firmware of the Netgear router by following the firmware update guide in which all the basic information regarding the Netgear router firmware updating is provided.
- Initially, you will need to visit the support portal of the Netgear website through the web link www.netgear.com/support.
- Now, look out for the update on your exact router device model and download the firmware update from the Download center of the portal and save it in a particular location of your choice in the PC.
- Now, open the web browser of your PC and enter the address www.routerlogin.net in the browser and access the web page of the router.
- Specify the login credentials like the username and the passkey which is “admin” and “password”.
- Upon accessing the web page of the router, lookout for the System settings tab and then click on the router firmware tab. Now, click on the Update tab.
- You will be asked to specify the location of the update file where it is stored. Just double-click the update file or select and open the file and the upload process will be started within a few seconds.
- The reboot of the router will take place after the upload and update are finished. Just wait for the reboot to finish properly.
Important – It is very important to note that the reboot process after the update in the firmware should never be hindered in any case as it can lead to the router malfunction and the router can also be rendered useless.
Importance of the Netgear router firmware update
The Netgear router firmware update needs to be done regularly as the Netgear brand releases the updates on its products from time to time.
Although the Netgear routers are quite safe and secure already, still the updates on the Netgear router firmware increases the security and the security update patches are added.
The router becomes more efficient and flawless in its working.
The speed of the data transmission over the wireless network also increases and the internet speed can also be increased.
Some other features like the added parental controls, network prioritization, and user account preference and the wireless signal connectivity can also be added to the router.