Netgear Router configuration
Netgear is widely known to provide some of the most reliable networking hardware to the users. They provide some of the best and most exceptional extenders, routers, adapters, cloud cameras and more. Their routers have to be physically setup before the user can create and configure their network. The user initially has to setup the router physically with the modem and the device used for the initial configuration. The user will have to visit www.routerlogin.net in order to access the web based interface for their Netgear router. From there, the user can configure their network such as change the username and password for their network, update the firmware for the router, forward ports, create guest networks, block or restrict certain websites and more.
Here, we will provide the step by step process to setup and login to the NIGHTHAWK AC2600- PRO GAMING WIFI ROUTER Model: XR500:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router.
- Now, connect the Ethernet cable from the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router.
- Reboot all the devices and wait for the devices to finish booting up.
- Open a web browser on the computer and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar to access the admin login page.
- The user will see a login window asking the user for the default username and password for their Netgear router.
- The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password" for most of the Netgear routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has logged in successfully, the Setup Wizard will appear. The Setup Wizard will try to detect the type of internet connection that the user has.
- For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard will detect the connection as Dynamic IP.
- Click Next to save the changes.
Now, the user will have successfully setup and logged in to the NIGHTHAWK AC2600- PRO GAMING WIFI ROUTER Model: XR500without any problems.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the NIGHTHAWK AC2600- PRO GAMING WIFI ROUTER Model: XR500
Press the button with a small pin and hold it for about 10 seconds. Release the button after ten seconds.
Once the power light becomes stable and green/white in color, the router will have been restored back to its factory default settings.
Do not remove the router from its power source during the update as it can damage the router.