NIGHTHAWK XR500 Pro Gaming wireless router
Netgear Nighthawk XR500 Pro gaming wireless router is a perfect device for the gaming lovers. This device doesn’t lag behind or reduces the speed while streaming the live content. Netgear networking and internet devices are the most widely used products for the purpose of internet access and the network sharing. The Netgear devices are quite reliable and much efficient in their usage. Netgear brand delivers some products like the modems, routers, range repeaters and the power supply adapters etc. The Netgear routers and modems can be set up and configured easily through the web address www.routerlogin.net. Earlier the users of the Netgear face a tough time configuring their routers and modems through the default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Then after realizing the complications being faced by the users, Netgear came up with a solution by launching a web domain www.routerlogin.net so that the users can access their router web portal through this web address instead of the default IP address of the router.
Netgear router connection methods
The Netgear routers can be connected to the computer through several methods. Some of the methods through which we can connect our router to the computer are listed as under.
Connecting through the WPS button
Connection through the Ethernet cord (RJ45)
Connection through the web interface of the router
Connecting the router through the Ethernet cord
Here in this section, we are going to provide you an idea about connecting your Netgear router to the device through the Ethernet cable/LAN cable. Just go through the below-mentioned guide carefully to set up the connection through the Ethernet cable.
- Unbox the router content box and assemble all the essential components like the power adapter, Ethernet cables and the router itself.
- Connect the Netgear router to the computer into the WAN port through the Ethernet cable.
- Now, switch on the power supply of the router through the wall socket of your home or office.
- The lights on the indicator panel of the router will start blinking and you need to wait until the lights on the panel get stable and turn solid green or yellow.
- Now, open the web browser of your PC and enter the address routerlogin.net in the address bar. If this link fails you provide the access to the router, then you can go with the alternate address i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 which is the default IP address of the router.
- Authenticate the web page of the router with the username and the password. The default values of the username and the password are “admin” and “password”.
- Now search for the Internet WAN tab and choose the correct connection type that is suitable for the successful internet connection. PPPoE connection type serves best for the internet connection access.
- Now fill in all the user details like the username and password provided by your internet service providers.
- Follow the rest of the instructions carefully to successfully set up the network.
- Click save and apply the changes tab and reboot the router to make the changes effective that are written on it during the configuration.
Your Netgear router is ready to be used in the network and enjoy the lightning fast speed of the Internet and transfer the data between the connected computers in the network at a very fast speed.